Strong lips are an Autumn staple but this year traditional red lipstick takes a dark and romantic turn. Blood red, dark cherries and deep mulled wine are all ahead for lips this season but whatever shade you choose, make sure to keep it bold as the weather cools and nights draw in.
The Blank Canvas L29 Lip Definer Brush (around 7 euro) will help to give your lips the ultimate autumn look. Its firm round shape means it’s perfect for grabbing product and applying it with precision to define lips. The L29 Lip Definer Brush gives more control over lipstick application, makes lipstick easier to blend with lip liner and most importantly will ensure lipstick lasts long into the night.
How to apply lipstick (tips from Blank Canvas Creator and professional MUA, Úna Tynan):
1. The key to achieving perfect bold lips it to make sure lips are smooth and hydrated. Exfoliate lips first and apply a little balm to soften lips and help create a smooth finish
2. Apply lipliner over your lips to create a base for lipstick to cling to. This will also ensure more staying power for your lipstick.
3. Apply an even layer of lipstick using the Blank Canvas L29 over the entire lip, starting at one corner of the mouth and keeping within the natural lines of the lips. Line lips using the L29 brush and lipstick. Apply colour to the corners on both top and bottom lips. Fill in the bottom lip just outside the natural outline of the lips before pressing lips together to evenly distribute the colour.
4. Place a piece of tissue loosely over your lips and using a fluffy brush lightly dust over the lips with loose/pressed face powder, This will soak up excess product and help to set the stain.
5. For an intense, long-lasting pout, repeat the process once or twice to build up a strong colour.
Source: Rachel Dalton Communications
Catrice lipstick swatches:
Ultimate Colour Collection (silver packaging) -- smooth, creamy and moisturizing consistency with medium coverage. Shiny, glossy finish. 16 shades.
Ultimate Shine Collection (black packaging) -- creamy consistency. Rich colour. 16 shades.
Ultimate Shine Collection 010 Be Natural
Ultimate Shine Collection 130 Frosen Rose
Ultimate Colour Collection 050 Simply Rosewood
Ultimate Colour Collection 060 Teddy Brown
Ultimate Colour Collection 150 Berry Pink
- good quality: amazing pigmentation, softness.
- packaging – high-end looking.
- low price around 5 euro!!
- range of 33 colours and different finishes.
- nice colour range.
- not drying.
- “slippery” consistency.
- Ultimate Colour Collection lipsticks may emphasise chapped lips.
- “slippery” consistency -- for darker shades I would suggest to use a lip liner.
- wearing time: average.
Amazing product for amazingly low price.
The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain is a dual-purpose liquid product that gives lips and cheeks a hint of natural-looking colour.
01 – Rose Pink
Water, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Acrylates – C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol, Red 33
Swatch – hand:
Swatch – hand blended:
Swatch – lips:
<click the image to enlarge>
- Size 8ml for around 12 euro;
- natural looking glow;
- sheer coverage;
- the more you sweep on, the deeper the color gets;
- great for all skin tones;
- watery, fast drying and easy to blend gel formula;
- sponge tip applicator;
- cheaper dupe for Benetint by Benefit.
- do not last long (around 5 hours);
- sheer pigmentation;
- for more defined look you need to apply it several times;
- bitter-sweet taste.
Introducing new Les Pop-Up de Chanel Collection for Summer 2010! Here are the promo photos and information about the collection which will be available in April 2010. Nail polishes colors are just lovely!
* Mistral Coral
* Nouvelle Vague Aqua blue
* Riviera Pink
Rouge Allure Lip Colour
* Super Fuchsia
* Darling Pink beige
* Genial Coral
Levres Scintillantes (Glossimer)
* Bikini Peach Pink peach
* Laser Fuchsia
* Pop Coral red
Soleil Tan de Chanel
* Terre d’ore
* Terre Halee
A lavender-lovely Fergie asks us to enter a new kind of dreamscape, to feel the “Yes, we can!” of tomorrow, and to push forward on behalf of every man, woman and child affected by HIV/AIDS. VIVA GLAM VI Lipstick, Lipglass, and Special Edition Lipstick lead the way. Every cent of the selling price of VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass is donated to the M·A·C AIDS Fund to support men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS.
And how to create this amazing look? Check this chart out:
|English Afrikaans العربية Беларуская български català česky Cymraeg dansk Deutsch ελληνική español eesti فارسی suomi français Gaeilge galego||עברית हिन्दी hrvatski magyar bahasa Indonesia íslenska italiano 日本語 한국어 lietuvių latviešu македонски bahasa Melayu Malti Nederlands norsk polski português||română русский slovenčina slovenščina shqipe српски svenska Kiswahili ภาษาไทย Filipino Türkçe українська tiếng Việt ייִדיש 中文 (简体) 中文 (繁體) powered by|